On October 10th and 11th, Data Santander presented TerrainTwin™ at the 2E+I Forum -an event organized by the Army, MALE and the Army Museum Foundation in Toledo- where the keys to modernizing the Army were explained.
One of the four pillars on which this modernization is based is digital transformation. It was a great opportunity to present the advances that TerrainTwin™ represents in the field of strategic planning.
Simulation and Situational Awareness
Our software platform represents the “Digital Twin” of a terrain thanks to the processing of Open Data and Geographic Information Systems (#GIS). This allows us to provide an operational and logistical solution in order to increase the tactical advantage in the planning phase.
Data Santander was able to explain in person to those attending the stand the most relevant details regarding the advances in Simulation and Situational Awareness, two of the differential characteristics of TerrainTwin™.
The Armed Forces face new types of combat, particularly in urban settings, where traditional military mapping systems do not offer a complete and up-to-date vision of the reality that users will encounter on the ground.
The challenges faced by the Armed Forces are:
- Integration of all this information from multiple sources through a single geographic platform.
- Distribution of processed and integrated information to users -connected or disconnected- to facilitate decision making.
- Information subject to change, updated.
The TerrainTwin™ platform offers FAS:
- Integration of Open Data from public agencies that cover the entire national territory.
- Contribution of information through a game engine interface for analysts and soldiers to visualize the information in an easy way and without cognitive load.
- Maintenance, training and support of the platform with personnel based in Spain.
A successful event in a magnificent location where we were able to verify the advances in defense that will allow the different teams to position themselves with greater autonomy, be able to make decisions more quickly and plan actions more effectively through technology.